School Talk

Only 26 days until my 75k Ride for Heart.  WOW!

Mark your calendars for Monday May 14th for a special fundraising auction.  There are some pretty awesome prizes to bid on!

Yesterday a miracle happened.  I was waiting for someone to pinch me so I would wake up.  After 6 months of having a broken computer, countess trips to the Apple store, making enemies of Genius Bar boys, and days and days spent without my computer while they had it in for repair, I FINALLY have a new computer.  My computer was well under a year old when it started acting up and truthfully I’m a little disappointed with Apple customer service that it took 6 months to finally give me a new computer.  But no matter – it’s here now!

I have to share this recipe with you.  OMG last night I had a super simple spaghetti but a super delicious spaghetti.  I was clicking around on some of my favourite sites trying to some meal ideas for the week and I came across:

Oh She Glows Olive Oil Pasta with Walnuts, Lentils, and Red Pepper

Visit the site, make the recipe.  SO GOOD!

Okay now we can school talk.

Today is my first day of summer school.  No rest for the wicked, I go all year.  I have full time classes but a reduced course load for the summer since I have some other busy things happening over the next few months.  I’ve picked three pretty hard classes:

• Finance
  • Statistics II
  • Management Accounting

I received my grades for last semester and they didn’t turn out quite as well as I expected.  My hope was for straight A’s.

• Financial Accounting A+
  • Law A+
  • Reasoning About Social Issues A
  • Management B+

So today begins a new quest for straight A’s!

Do you ever have technology troubles?  Computer, printer, phone, etc?

This entry was posted in Student Life and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

18 Responses to School Talk

1. I always have technology troubles. Because I’m me :(

I have a rule, and I broke it when I bought this computer – NEVER buy the new model when it launches … just wait a few months

but nope – this model has been out like 2 days when I bought it, glitches glitches glitches!!!

2. Kierston says:

Technology always has a way of keeping us on our toes!

Have a great day at school! :)

3. Bex says:

Congrats on the amazing grades… you should be proud! I’m so grateful that I’m an old lady and all done with school. You can probably imagine that I was sort of a class clown. I always got good grades, but I mostly pissed off my professors ;)

even being 27 feels a little old for school … all the other students are 19!!!! … and yes I do imagine that about you hahaha :P

4. Great job with the grades – you’ll get those straight A’s! Have a good summer semester.

5. Woohoo! Good job on the grades!

I always have technology problems. Especially at work – I never should have told off our tech guy. That was probably a mistake.

you never tell off the tech guy at work … it’s not like retail – they don’t really have to help you, you’re not a customer

at my old job I had a fav tech guy who I would call all the time and be like “Oh Justin nobody knows as much about this CRAP payroll system as you!”

6. Danielle says:

Hooray for a new computer! I used to have problems all the time with my old Dell laptop in university. Being at school in a small town, there was only 1 computer shop and 2 computer guys. Let’s just say I got to know them very well!

7. Congrats on the awesome grades!! And wow, good for you for taking such hard classes in the summer! I sometimes have technology problems- I always feel like it’s with my phone though

8. Dad says:

Great marks Mo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Straight A’s is a great goal but, nothing wrong with a B+ either.
    I’m sure Brad is smiling @ your marks. Just don’t take his picture.

9. Congrats on the grades! Definitely worth being proud of.

I look forward to the auction! I might peek in and buy some presents for my wife!