Morning Workout Bliss

Yesterday was the first day back at school.  I have morning classes on Mondays which is good because it forced me back to the books.  However, when I got home I wasn’t feeling to study-ish.  I could have slugged around the house pretending to work but instead I headed to the Second Cup by my gym.

This accomplished a few things.

1.  forced me out of procrastination mode

2.  used some of their internet because my online accounting lectures are sucking up my internet usage and I don’t want to go over my allotted amount

3.  made sure I wasn’t going to skip my workout, I was already there when Brad got to the gym after work

I enjoyed a decaf and a banana for my pre-workout snack.

Now this morning we are very proud of ourselves for doing a morning workout.  This is so far from our usual workout routine.  And thankfully I had a partner in crime or I might not have been so committed.  Here’s what our morning looked like:

4:48am

I woke up BEFORE my alarm went off!  Clearly I was excited.

5:00am

Alarm goes off and I roll over to Brad.

Me: “are we actually doing this?”

Brad: “I don’t know are we?”

Me: “I don’t know do you want to?”

And then I got up.

5:10-5:45

Eat toast with peanut butter and a small coffee.  Get dressed.  Check emails, pack gym supplies.

5:45

RUN to the street car.  Oops!  Should a left a minute earlier.

6:05am

Grab all our supplies – medicine ball, weights, yoga mat.  Fill up water  bottle.

6:15am – 6:45

Complete our workout – Nike Training Club app.  Brad keeps making us do advanced … OY!!!!!

6:45-7:05 am

I jumped on the elliptical machine for 20 minutes.  Brad headed to the shower.

7:05am

Brad headed to work.  I grabbed his shower supplies and headed home.

7:30 am

Home!  Have protein shake, lots of water, and supplements.

YAAAAAAY!!!!!  We did it.  Now let’s see what the rest of my day will look like with this early morning accomplishment :)

Profess your love or hate for morning workouts.

This entry was posted in Fitness and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

18 Responses to Morning Workout Bliss

1. Dre says:

I am waiting for spring to get back into the morning routine. It’s hard without the sun. I used to have my personal training sessions at 7am. So I was always there at 6:30 for my cardio. It was easier because I had to drive hubby to work and I was paying out the ass. But I think once the sun is back in the morning I can do it again.

hopefully (I pray) I’ll get a full time job for the summer … and then let’s see how these morning workouts will go … but then again if Brad can do it so can I???

I’m so used to my schedule being so flexible during the school year

2. Geneviève says:

It took me a while but now I LOVE my morning workouts. My gym is pretty quiet and I now find it really efficient to get my workout over and done with before work. However, I refuse to get up “in the 5s”. I get up at 6am, immediately get dressed and drive to the gym before I have time to stop myself. And I always reward myself with a nice breakfast or coffee afterwards :)

there were more people at the gym this morning than I thought there would be

yeah the 5 thing is definitely early … but we were already waking up at 6am because Brad works at 7:30am … we do have to work on getting to bed earlier though

and YA DUDE to the coffee reward … I’m about to make myself a second cup (decaf!)

3. Jessica says:

I am actually doing a 21 day, morning workout challenge on my blog! I am trying to learn how to LOVE morning workouts, let’s say… It’s a work in progress! I know I always feel awesome after!

4. steph says:

Morgan, you are so motivated, I am so out of shape. I need to get some of your energy.

5. Working out in the morning? No way! I’m just not a morning person. I have to leave the house around 6:30 am, which is already challenging for me. I prefer working out during lunch break or after work. It’s a great way to take a mental break or to unwind and relax. It might sound odd, but I really look forward to working out all day while sitting at my desk.

6. I enjoy my morning workouts. I nearly talk myself out of them every time my alarm goes off, but when I’m done, I always feel like such a kick ass human being.

7. Elizabeth says:

Well done! As much as I grumble when the alarm goes off, I am always so happy to start the day with a workout… something I need to make more of a habit, for sure. :)

8. Bronwyn says:

I definitely find it hard to get up for morning workouts. BUT I love how I feel after them. I find I have more energy throughout the day. And I feel so accomplished and it’s only like 7:30 in the morning!

9. Nancy says:

I’m surprised you woke up an hour before the gym. I had no intentions of doing that when I decide to soon wake up early for my a.m. workouts. I was thinking of sleeping IN my gym clothes, then going to CrossFit 10 minutes after I wake up.

Maybe I shouldn’t do it that way? Uhhh….

10. I don’t like morning period! LOL! :D

11. So proud of you!

I am NOT a morning person. That being said, when forced, a.m. workouts do make me feel good.

When forced.

12. Joss says:

Hate!

The only way I get out of bed that early is for work or class :P

13. Some mornings it is so hard to wake up, but I’m much better at early morning workouts than afternoon or evening. I’m up at 4:15 every day to get to the gym and be home before my husband has to leave for work. I’m exhausted by the end of the day and am generally in bed when my kids go to bed, but it’s worth it to me :)

14. Pingback: Exercising During These Times Is Better Than Some. | Freelance Blog Writing