First off can I ramble for a second? I got my first grade posted online yesterday
It’s my first A+ so I’m very excited and as Leah can confirm I was up very late for many nights leading up to the exam. It was definitely worth it. I had an 88.5% going in to the exam so I knew it was a possibility. Oh yeah – it was my Human Resources Management class. (Now I’m checking my online record like a crazy woman because I’m not so confident about my other grades). My last exam is tonight – Canadian Business.
Second ramble – I have to tell you what Brad packed for his lunch today. At the beginning of the week I usually cook a roast to slice for sandwiches or some other kind of meat and make enough for his lunches. On Monday I cooked a very small pork roast because he’s only working four days. But then he ended up eating leftovers some days. So this morning (his last day of work) he thought he was supposed to bring the entire tupperware of pork. Like this thing has to be at least three servings. He’s got about nine slices of pork roast, a slice of homemade pumpkin loaf, and two oranges. LORD HELP HIM!
Okay on to some useful information. I have a healthy holiday packing checklist for you today so that you don’t forget anything you need to stay fit while travelling.
Here is what you should pack:
- workout clothes (obviously), but also extra socks and underwear, and don’t forget the shoes! Holla No Meat Athlete technical shirt I love you.
- Water bottle. I always bring my own with me. Then you’re not trying to find plastic (UN-environmentally friendly) water bottles.
- Lock and iPod. I always forget something of this combo, it’s usually the lock and I hate carrying my purse around the gym. We are super lucky that Goodlife Fitness has gyms literally everywhere so that we can work out no matter what city we visit.
- Protein powder. Even if you’re away from home you still want to fuel and recover properly right? I’m pretty obsessed with this Vega Shake N Go because you just (duh!) shake it and go – no blender!
- Wipes. Or in my house we call them towliettes. Don’t ask me why. They’re face wipes but these can come in super handy if you might be squeaking a workout in between families and you may not have time for a shower. Oh don’t act like you’ve never done it.
- Dry shampoo. This is obviously continuing on with the “no shower” theme from the last point.
Good list eh? And then there will be other food items that I’ll bring like some Starbucks VIA packets in decaf, my own peanut butter, my own tea, some lemons and whatever else I can think of before we actually leave the house.
What do you pack for healthy holiday travel?