#Fitblog PLANKS Challenge!

I am relentless aren’t I?  Didn’t we just finish the PIPES challenge and how I’m throwing another one at you.  Yuppers ;)

Ladies and Gentleman may I introduce to you the:

#Fitblog PLANKS Challenge

Planks artwork from @LeavingFatville

You will definitely be seeing lots of PLANKS challenge related stuff on Life After Bagels, but this time I am teaming up with Katy and we’re hosting the challenge through #fitblog.

Challenge Details:

• May 16-June 26; a 6-week challenge open to anyone and everyone
  • A gradual, goal-based program helping participants take on the “plank” position and increase both length of time and number of times in plank per week
  • Participants will set their own goals and design their own programs
  • Guided blog topic starters (optional)

What should you do now:

• Announce that you are IN for the challenge – write a blog post and share it, announce it on twitter or Facebook, or just give a great big “I’m in” in the comment section
  • Make your plan – test your starting point, then develop a goal that you want to get to in six weeks, then fill in what you’ll need to do each week to get there

Stay Connected:

What’s coming next:

• On Monday I’ll be posting my challenge goals, links to proper plank positioning and resources, as well as the weekly blog post topics (if you want to write along with us.)
  • The badges designed by @LeavingFatville will be posted on the Fitblog website (we’ll let you know when you can grab them)
  • The June 28th #fitblog chat (at 9pm ET) will wrap up our challenge and chat about fitness in groups, etc.

I’m SO excited to be bringing you guys along for another of my crazy rides :)

Now shout it out … who’s in?!?!

This entry was posted in Fitness. Bookmark the permalink.

52 Responses to #Fitblog PLANKS Challenge!

1. Dr. Pete says:

Sounds great. I’m in – it’s a nice complement to my continuing push-up challenge (did 160 in 5 sets today), and I’ve found plank position is good for my back and neck (problem areas for me). I’ll benchmark and post on my own blog after I see the details on Monday.

2. Im in!

Btw – I totally meant to email you the other day and tell you that as I was blowdrying my hair, I noticed the line in my arm that I was trying to get during the Pipes Challenge. :) SUCCESS!!

3. I’m in! (For the first half at least…I’m traveling to London and Ecuador during the second half so I’m not sure how much I’ll get in…)

4. This sounds fun, I’m in!

xo

5. Sarah says:

I’m in!!!! I’ll add it to my pushup regiment!! ( I say squats next!!!!) :)

6. Sarah M. says:

I’m in! I definitely need to work on my core!

7. Amy Ramos says:

Ok, this is something I can do. I am in.
    Since work blocks Facebook and Twitter and I will not be able to participate until the evening, can I participate via this blog? Sometimes work does not get the social networking aspect of being healthy.

No need to be on Facebook or Twitter or even my blog, it’s not really “official” … but the more you interact with other participants the more you’ll likely feel motivated to work towards your goal. Glad to have you on board :)

8. Sam says:

Oh i want to join in too! I’m not really sure what a proper goal or plan would be though so I am going to wait until your next post ;)

9. Karen says:

I’m in! Who couldn’t use a stronger core? :)

10. First pushups, now planks? Of course I’m in!
    I wonder how long I can hold a plank. Need to time myself tomorrow.

11. Heather says:

aaahh I hate planks LOL! I am thinking about it…

12. Maralee says:

I’m in! My core so needs it!

13. Hi Morgan!
    I have been reading your blog for a few days now, but this is my first time commenting! First of all I wanted to say that I think your attitude towards food and exercise is balanced, honest and inspiring for me! I am working to develop a healthy relationship with food and reading blogs like yours is quite helpful.
    Second, I’m definitely IN for this challenge! I shall be posting about it on my site as well :)

14. Becky says:

Of course I’m in! I can’t wait to get started.

15. J9 says:

I’m in. Sounds like a great challenge.

16. Kali says:

This might sound weird, but plank is my favorite strength move! I’m definitely in :)

17. PB Addict says:

My core definitely needs some work, so I’m in. I think my goal will be actually staying in the plank position the whole time when we do it in Bodypump class, lol.

18. Hayley says:

I am going to try this one for sure! I love planks and really want to improve mine.

19. Pingback: Travel Day | Life After Bagels

20. Pingback: Challenge Throwdown « Swim, Run, Om

21. Totally in! Just blogged about it. :-)

22. Stephanie says:

Yes! I am going to do this!

23. Jill says:

NICE!! I’m SOOO in!! I like doing the plank. Sometimes I lift one leg up. For now, I just hold it for a certain amount of time. Thanks Morgan. BTW….the pups continue:)

24. Anna says:

I am in! And one of my friends is going to join me which makes it even better ^_^

25. I am in! Blog to come tomorrow :)

26. This is great! I actually had done a benchmark for myself earlier this week and made my May goal to double my time! Will need to plan a 6-week long goal now!

27. Pingback: The FitBlog PLANKS Challenge! « theonlyplanetwithchocolate

28. Pingback: May Goals & Challenge! | Lauren Runs

29. I’m in! Love the artwork.

30. Melissa says:

I’m in. Will figure my starting point out tomorrow.

31. Michelle says:

This is my first time coming over here (and really discovering your blog – yay for new blogs to read!), but I’m definitely in for this planks challenge :) My core is very neglected and need some work!

32. Sara says:

I’m in and looking forward to getting stronger!

33. Pingback: PLANKS: Can’t Touch This | Life After Bagels

34. Pingback: PLANKS! – crazy*running*legs

35. Kate says:

I’m in!

36. Pingback: #Fitblog Plank Challenge « See How She Runs

37. Pingback: Goals | Sara Runs

38. Pingback: Party Animal | Why Deprive?

39. Pingback: Planks challenge | (Don't Be) Too Timid and Squeamish