Back At Ya

Or just back at the gym.

Ever since I finished my Fit Chick classes (yes that was only last week) I’ve been kicking my butt at the gym.  I’m trying to keep that same PUSHING mentality even though I’m by myself.  Last night was so good that I am sore today, but you know, the good sore.

Want to know what else is back, pancakes.

Even though there was the whole NOT pancake Tuesday debacle of last week, and I had decided that Bradley was not getting anymore pancakes, and my meal plan for the evening called for soup, I fired up the griddle anyways.  Okay I don’t have a griddle, I don’t even have matching forks, but what’s important is that you notice the banana, syrup, and walnuts.

What’s new in my life is a new morning routine.  I’ve only done it three mornings now, but it’s very worth it.  The first thing I do is grab a cup of hot lemon water and have a 10-15 minute stretch.  I do not power up the computer until this process is complete.

Once I’m all limber and hydrated I grab my breakfast, my coffee and get to writing or reading.

Have you gotten back into anything or started anything new so far this month?

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

17 Responses to Back At Ya

1. I love hot lemon water. People order it at the cafe where I work all the time. I need to start drinking it in the morning!

Also, I might copy you with the morning stretch routine. I used to wake up and do yoga at 5:30 in the morning. I don’t know what happened to that!

2. G says:

I <3 Goodlife! :)
    Also, your morning routine sounds great – definitely a habit I should start!!

3. I had a minor break in routine when I found out I got into my first choice college because I was too excited to sleep for a few nights and I suddenly don’t want to do any of my current school work. But the lack of sleep and unscheduled days made me feel glum, so I’m getting myself back on track!

4. Love this! I’ve started to implement mini yoga stretch sessions in the AM too-gets me motivated and up and going!
    Love pancakes-they’re all over the blog world today, i’m getting so hungry!

5. Good job on the work out!
    Just curious…when is that fitness challenge thing you talked about going to happen? I haven’t heard anything…

6. I’ve been trying to continue my yoga as well, it’s amazing :) I’ve also been making an effort to go on a short walk, every day. Does wonders for my energy!

xo

7. Katy says:

I have a month left in half marathon training, and then I think I will take a running hiatus and build yoga back into my life. That shot of your mat is teasing me!

8. Yum! Those pancakes look awesome! I started a running program this month :D

9. I want pancakes.

Also, your morning routine sounds SO perfect.

I applied for school . . . thats something new. And old, and long overdue, but I did it. Does that count?

10. I was going to say running but I realize its already been over a month that I started getting into it. I am doing my first outdoor run and Bodypump class since birth this week though. :D

11. I’m back hard in to the gym this week. I’ve only been getting to the gym once a week since Christmas and I’m tired of not working out like I want to, so I started scheduling my gym time after work and making myself go.

I’m sore as hell (in a good way) and I’m looking forward to keeping it going!

12. Kim says:

Morgan – I’m trying to put together an e-mail list of the Team4all bloggers so we can communicate directly. Do you want to be included? If so, send me your e-mail address to kimselzman@gmail.com. Thanks!

13. Those pancakes look awesome!
    I’ve started to get into yoga at home in addition to my thursday night classes at the local YMCA. I want to really work on my flexibility and yoga is my workout of choice for that.

14. Runeatrepeat says:

Those pancakes are making me drool! I always think about making them during the week and then drop the ball.

15. KaraHadley says:

Water is the way to go in the morning. I chug at least 1/2 liter before doing anything. I haven’t needed coffee in the morning since I started this. Now if only I could start stretching…

16. That sounds like a perfect start to the morning! I did yoga + hot lemon tea for awhile, and it felt fantastic. But then I stopped out of mostly lazyness I suppose. :p

17. Alissa says:

On my days off this past week I tried the lemon water for the first time too! Oh my gosh, I could tell an amazing difference. I am working on getting a routine down, mine is going to be off for the next three weeks, but I am going to start doing yoga again in the morning it helps so much through out the day. This month I also started school for the first time in 11 years!! I am so excited! I can’t wait to see what your surprise for us is going to be!