Did you watch Oprah yesterday? I’m not a huge Oprah fan, and I don’t watch all that often but I knew yesterday’s episode was going to be a good one. Along with 378 of her staff members, Oprah went vegan for one week.
It was a great episode with lots of great discussion about knowing where your food came from. Each and every person on her staff that was interviewed about the challenge told us that the week had forever changed the way we look at food. That’s a very powerful movement.
Next week, on Monday February 7th until Sunday February 13th I will be hosting a Vegan For A Week Challenge and I’d love you to join as well.
Take a peak at what I have in store for the challenge:
- cut out all animal products like cheese, eggs, milk, butter
- shop only at my local grocery store and not Whole Foods or health foods stores
- stay away from meat alternatives
Would YOU like to jump into the challenge to?
Check out some vegan lifestyles:
- Angela at Oh She Glows
- Mama Pea (Sarah) at Peas and Thank You
- Meghan at Making Love In The Kitchen
- Lisa at Vegan Culinary Crusades
- meal plan
- grocery shop
Join the community:
- join the Facebook page
- follow along on Twitter at #7dayvegan
- leave a comment below
- blog about it – the following bloggers have already signed up to embark on the challenge with me:
Samantha at Health Happiness Skinny Jeans
Stephanie at Lunges and Lunch
Kirsten at Working Up A Sweat in Toronto
Danielle at Body By Nature
Jessica at Black Cat Kitchen
Bronwyn at Will Work For Peanut Butter
Tracy at Commit To Fit
Leah at Why Deprive
Follow along for support:
- I’ll post resources, recipes, FAQ’s, success stories
- A vegan style healthy skin post on Thursday February 10th
- TWEET UP on Sunday February 13th at 9pm ET to talk about what we’ve learned through the week
What do you say? Are you ready to go vegan for a week?