4 Guts 4 Glory 4 Fun

Did somebody say tryout?  Uh oh my competitive juices are starting to flow.  Athletic apparel company, 4all by jofit put an open call to all bloggers this month to tryout to be a 4all brand ambassador.

for every

glisten, grunt,

for guts,

for glory,

for fun,

for curvy

and straight

ATHLETIC APPAREL!!!!!! Yes please :)

Let’s set the mood.

4all asked us to answer this question:

What or who inspired you to start a fitness/sports routine and how are you planning to gain power in the New Year?

Luckily for me, I didn’t need to find inspiration.  I was introduced to a love of sports at a very early age thanks to my parents.  The second I was old enough we marched down to the local little league park to sign me up for tee-ball.

At just 5 years old I started my love of sports and fitness.  It stayed with me all through childhood and teenage years.  There was no sport I wouldn’t try:

• softball
  • rugby
  • track and field
  • basketball
  • volleyball
  • even waterpolo!

It’s been twenty one years since I first stepped foot onto the field.

Fitness means something very different to me.  It’s no longer about winning the championship.  Fitness is for me.  It’s a way to stay healthy.  It’s a way to stay powerful.

In 2011 there are a lot of uncertainties and new journeys for me.  One thing will remain constant, the ability to hit the open road either by foot or bike.  When things get scary or things get tough, I know I can find peace in the weight room.  Now that’s powerful!

How about you, when were you first introduced to sports/fitness?

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to 4 Guts 4 Glory 4 Fun

1. Awww I love all of the pictures!!!
    I was introduced at a pretty young age. I started as a mighty mite cheearleader when I was like 8 and then later went on to play basketball throughout my teens. I don’t play any team sprts now but am big into staying physically active – strength training, Spinning, Insanity…anything to get sweatin!

2. I love looking at childhood pictures, it’s like flipping through a yearbook (another thing I love)! And that last pic of you is killer.

3. Pingback: Tweets that mention 4 Guts 4 Glory 4 Fun | Life After Bagels -- Topsy.com

4. Sara says:

Hah, pretty much same thing – Tball at age 5 at the local little league, which didn’t seem to thrill the parents of the guys at the time. My faux nephew just played little league at the same place, it was surreal to see him play where I once did, 23 years ago! I played soccer also, both sports through high school.

5. Great entry! And I love seeing the old pictures of you. :) Good luck!!!!

6. Oh my goodness! You looks so friggin adorable with short hair!

I’ve always loved sports and exercising but I didn’t get a passion for it until I started swimming competitively. Then I couldn’t get enough! From there it was biking, running and pilates.

7. amanda says:

ZOMG Powerpuff Girls socks!!!!

Moving on … haha. When I was in school I was in every sport imaginable starting from probably kindergarten. After leaving school, though, it took me a lot of time (and a lot of extra poundage!) to get into the mindset of wanting to do it just for me.

8. Brittney says:

My upbringing was a lot like yours. I was pretty much into everything from early on. My dad was a high school baseball coach, so he definitely taught me how to play catch and throw early! Great childhood pictures of you!

9. Uncle Dave says:

Just one question…
    Do you want a right or left hand stick for the Shuker Christmas party Road Hockey Game?
    P.S. We have a RH for Brad.

10. Stefanie says:

I hope you have a license for those guns. ;)

11. Near Fantastica says:

When I was in the 4th grade, I tried out for the school basketball team. I didn’t make it. I was devistated, and decided that it wasn’t for me. I was too short, and my running could have used a little work. The next year, my mom convinced me to try out for the team again, and the new coach liked my enthusiasm. She picked me for the team & from that point on, I was hooked! Its not how good you are at something, its about doing things that you enjoy & the effort and enthusiasm that you put in it. I have Miss V to thank for a lesson learned & a great love for all things active :)

12. I was introduced by my dad and my grandmother – they were both catchers, so I caught too (just like you!). Now my love is running because I no longer can commit to a team as my hubby travels a lot for work and I have 3 young children to care for. Good luck in the “try outs” and I hope we can work together and meet soon!

13. Pingback: Fitness Friday: 4all fitness apparel | The Domestic Buzz